Amanda Abel is a media-trained paediatric psychologist, mum, and founder of Northern Centre for Child Development (NCCD) and Hawthorn Centre for Child Development (HCCD) – multidisciplinary paediatric practices in Melbourne. She is a fully qualified psychologist, SOS feeding therapist for children who are fussy eaters, and trained Circle of Security Parenting educator. Amanda is a valued board member of the Autism Behavioural Intervention Association and a full member of the Australian Psychological Society.
Appearing on Channel 7 and 9 News, regularly featuring in print media and business podcasts, and as a contributor to Finch Publishing’s “Working Mums” book, Amanda draws on her own experiences of being a parent along with her extensive training and well-honed skill set to get families thriving. Having worked with families for the past 20 years and as a psychologist for the past 11 years, Amanda loves building the confidence of parents and educators so that they can connect meaningfully with their children and live a life that reflects their values.
Previous keynote topics:
– Parenting – Connecting with your child; managing behaviour; balancing work and parenthood; parenting a child with additional needs; how to get your fussy child to eat
– Autism – What is Autism & how to support children with the diagnosis
– Neurodiversity – Supporting children with learning differences
– Educational settings – How to get your preschool child ready for school; How to identify Autism Spectrum Disorders in children; How to teach and manage the behaviours of children with – – – Autism Spectrum Disorders
– Business/lifestyle – Personal boundaries as a working mum/business owner
I frequently present to various paying audiences including schools (teachers), kinder educators, parents and medical professionals. I am media trained and have appeared on Channel 7 and 9 news.