I’m a FCPA, a CPA Qld Divisional Councillor and the Chair of the QLD Corporates Committee. I oversaw 69 member events in 2018 and 69 events so far in 2019. I’m a GAICD with a Master of Financial Management and Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from UQ. During my 22 years of corporate career at Queensland Treasury Corporation, QR/Aurizon and ShineWing Australia, I led ~$17 billion of domestic and cross-border M&A and structured deals from both the buying and selling sides. I now run my own SME “Grow and Sell Your Biz” and help SMEs with their capital raising and inorganic growth requirements via connecting the right investors and partners with the right businesses.
I’m passionate about supporting APAC women (employees and entrepreneurs) to break the Glass and Bamboo Ceilings, so have co-founded the APAC Women’s Mentoring Circle (with 600+ members from 16 countries/districts). I am also an inaugural Australian SheEO Activator – a global community changing the way we finance, support and celebrate female entrepreneurs.
My keynote topics range from finance and accounting specific ones (such as Future of Finance, investment framework, corporate governance, risk management, M&A, capital raising, buy & sell businesses), sustainability (renewable energy, circular economy) to career, leadership and diversity (especially cultural diversity) related ones.
– Interviewing Steve Wozniak (Apple Co-founder) in November 2018 at Mega Success LA in front of 2500 entrepreneurs from 78 countries
– MC for 40+ CPA Discussion Group events with 50-100 member attendees, keynote on LinkedIn and Future of Finance (for Heads of Finance & Accounting in 20+ Australian & NZ universities
– MC for numerous sessions in CPA Congress, Management Accounting Conference, Emerging Leaders Conference with 200+ members
– MC for all APAC Women’s Mentoring Circle (previously Asian Ladies MC) events (12+ so far) with 50-100 attendees on soft skills, keynote on leadership and entrepreneurship
– MC for QR Network 10-year Celebration performance – 4 hour show with 400+ attendees
– Keynote for 100-200 entrepreneurs in Mega Speakers and Mega Coaching & Consulting in August 2019 in Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland on how to prepare their business for sale/investment; speaking for various JT Foxx events in Brisbane and Gold Coast
– Keynote for 100 entrepreneurs in EXPRESSWAY September 2019 on how to get investment for their businesses.
– Guest lecture for 100+ UQ Master of Accounting, 50+ Bachelor of Advanced Finance & Economics (Honours) (all OP1 students) on career
– Panelist for various CPA, UQ, Australia-China Youth Association, Australia Chine Emerging Leaders Summit, China-Australia Trade Expo events, Small Business Expo (up to 200+ attendees)
– Workshop presenter for JT Foxx Top 1 events for up to 80 entrepreneurs at Bali, Thailand, Hawaii, Florida, the Phillipines and Byron Bay
– Workshop presenter for 2000+ management/staff on Aurizon’s Sustainability Report
– Workshop organiser and presenter for Commercial Development Program (3 times over 5 years) for 75 QR/Aurizon senior management
– Workshop presenter on Investment Framework in small Boardroom settings for 100+ QR/Aurizon management team