Debbie is a brand strategist by profession and graphic designer by trade, author of a children’s book and active entrepreneur. She is the founder of the multi award-winning creative studio White River Design (WRD). She is the branding expert on the Build My Brand 12 part series, the creator of online branding program Brand Magic® Masterclass and the Brand Personalities system. Debbie also set up and runs The Creative Fringe, Western Sydney’s most inspiring co-working space.
With a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, Debbie majored in graphic design and photography from Stellenbosch University in South Africa (completing her 4-year degree in her second language, Afrikaans). Her passion has always been in branding. With design experience that covers three continents, Debbie brings a diverse range of skills to her clients. She is an exceptional strategist and is renowned for her creative thinking and her intuition for knowing just what the client wants and needs.
Debbie gets a kick out of empowering her clients through their branding and watching them grow their businesses. She is a charismatic leader, who inspires the best in others. This has been evident in the creation of her co-working space, The Creative Fringe. The connections and relationships that Debbie is able to build are strong and long-lasting. Debbie’s biggest bug bear is the word ‘can’t’ and lives by her ‘can-do attitude’.
With a Certificate IV in Small Business Management, as well as being a MaxPotential coach, she is sought after as a coach and mentor for businesses both new and developed. Her keynotes on her unique take on Building a Brand with Personality have resonated with audiences large and small. Her dynamic and visionary outlook ensures that those working with her are always inspired and motivated.
Debbie is a consultant to Westfield for their retailers’ program, is a keynote speaker, proud mother and wife.
BRANDING KEYNOTE #1 – Cultivating Culture
People talk. So if they’re going to talk about you, make it awesome.
In this keynote, I’ll walk you through the essentials of creating a strong brand that resonates throughout every aspect of your business – from internal culture through to frontline sales, and everything in between.
• Understand what a brand experience is
• Learn how to develop brand experiences, both internally and externally, that build brand equity
• Create unique opportunities for people to connect with your brand
• Take away strategies to increase employee and customer engagement
• Learn how to demonstrate and communicate your positioning, values and purpose
• Increase employee engagement and loyalty, turning them into brand champions/ambassadors
• Improve your customer experience to create raving fans, and
• Start working for a purpose, not a profit.
We’ll also delve deep inside the internals of three great brand cultures, looking at both the ‘why’ as well as the ‘how’ to ensure you have the tools you need to put it into practice.
BRANDING KEYNOTE #2 – What memories are made of
Creating a complete brand experience
People reminisce. So let’s give them something to remember.
In this keynote, I’ll walk you through the essentials of developing a complete brand experience. Because a brand experience is so much more than an event – it’s your brand ‘s smell, sound, touch, sight and taste. It’s how clients experience your organisation.
• Learn how to define your purpose
• Recognise why understanding your market is essential
• Experience the power of a brand personality and learn why they are so potent
• Discover your brand personality
• Learn the value of storytelling and why it’s vital to develop a brand story, brand voice and brand communication strategy that work as one
• Understand the role of touch points and be inspired by an amazing brand story
• Recognise the strategic value of creating memories that people talk about and share for years to come
• Improve your customer service so that both employees and clients feel like they just can’t get enough of you.
After all, it’s not all about what you say – it really comes down to how you make people feel.
BRANDING KEYNOTE #3 – Falling in love
10 essentials to creating a brand your customers will fall in love with
People love love. So let’s give them something to fall in love with.
In the same manner that our individual personalities define us, your brand personality defines your business to the outside world. It’s everything that represents you, everything that you’re known and appreciated for. In this keynote, I’ll take you through my top ten essentials for creating a brand that your customers really will fall for.
• Learn exactly what branding is (starting with it not being just a logo)
• Understand the concept of Brand Personalities and learn how it will add value to both your brand and your overall marketing strategy
• Learn how to position essential brand elements, including:
– Brand voice (language and tone)
– Brand story
– Logo and collateral
– Dress code
– Slogan, tag line or motto
• Learn the tricks to completely owning your area of expertise
• Devise systems and procedures to ensure brand consistency
• Understand how to build a strong brand culture, and
• Gain insider tips on creating a memorable brand experience (and hear about how an international company totally rocked my world three years ago – and why I’ve told thousands of people since).
You’ll walk away inspired and motivated to create a brand experience that your clients and employees love, and that adds incredible value to your business.
BRANDING KEYNOTE #4 – Too forward thinking
From concept to creation and all of the crap in-between.
In this keynote Debbie takes us on the journey of how, against all odds, she built and developed Western Sydney’s most awarded co-working venue.
From being told by the local Council that she was ‘too forward thinking’, to trying to find a location and then having to fund such a big project, Debbie talks about the ups and downs of turning a burning idea into a living dream.
This talk demonstrates that with a ‘can’ attitude, perseverance and dedication, that you can achieve whatever you send your mind too.
Debbie has presented in front of both large and small audiences across Australia. Wether it’s an intimate group of networkers, for inner circle training or large audiences of 500+, Debbie is able to tailor a presentation to meet the needs of the event.
Studio 10 Channel 10
The Daily Edition Channel 7
Build My Brand 12 part branding series for Bizversity