Ashna is a medical doctor and management consultant working in Sydney, NSW. She took a break from clinical medicine to work with McKinsey & Company, and then independently, as a Mental Health Strategy Consultant for UNSW. In 2020, she returns to full-time work as a doctor, after having completed a Masters in Health Management.
As a proud young woman of colour, Ashna is passionate about gender equity, diversity and inclusion. She believes in social justice, and the importance of learning about lived experiences that are distal to your own, in order to be a true ally. She works in youth mental health, and also spends time presenting inclusive sex education to university students, to facilitate both safe and satisfying sexual experiences.
An engaging, honest and witty speaker, Ashna is frequently booked to speak on a range of issues – from her own experiences and musings to mental health, sexual health, gender equity, and leadership.
Ashna’s journey is relatable to young people, women, women of colour and medical students alike.
– Women in Medicine
– Gender Equity
– Diversity & Inclusion
– Diversity & Inclusion in Medicine
– Occupational Burnout
– Social Justice and the role of Medicine/Doctors
– Mental Health
– Inclusive and Fun Sexual Health
– Youth Leadership
– Women in Leadership
– Health Education and Leadership Summit, 2019 (Mental Health, Diversity & Inclusion, Burnout, Perspective & Identity) – 45min
– University of Sydney Mental Health Week, 2019 (Mental Health, Diversity & Inclusion, Burnout, Perspective & Identity) – 30min
– Leadership in Medicine Symposium, 2017 (Diversity & Inclusion) – 20min
– Level Medicine, 2017 (Women in Medicine) – 30min
– Finalist, Harvard Medical School & MIT Healthcare Innovation Pitch Competition
– Rural and Remote Mental Health Symposium, 2019 (Mental Health) – 30min
– Journeys in Medicine Symposium, 2019 (Mental Health, Diversity & Inclusion, Burnout, Perspective & Identity) – 45min
– Meet the Medics, 2019 (Leadership and Inspiration) – 10min
– Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatry Annual Congress, 2018 & 2019 (Mental Health) – 30min
– Junket, 2017 – Selected by Junkee Media as one of the 150 best and brightest young Australians (Mental Health) – 10min
– Stress Less Week, 2019 (Sexual Education)
– Student Minds Conference, 2019 (Mental Health)
– Clubs Leadership Summit, 2019 (Diversity and Inclusion)
– Pillow Talk, 2018 & 2019 (Sexual Education)