Julie has well over a decade’s experience, 14 years to be precise, in the digital space. Having managed a business and people, she has a unique combination of commercial acumen, pragmatism and creative prowess that has enabled her to become one of Australia’s most trusted social media specialists.
Julie has a passion for online communities and social media that goes beyond being a job. She embraces such things as a way of life and, indeed, embraced such things as a way of life long before people thought of them being job descriptions within advertising, marketing and PR.
Julie most enjoys working in regulated and high-risk industries, having built a specialisation in financial services working for brands such as UBank, Westpac, Cbus Superannuation, BUPA, AustSafe Superannuation and more. She has helped many risk-averse brands to build risk management processes that enable them to secure stake-holder buy-in to be able to take advantage of the rewards of having active an active social media presence.
Julie has considerable brand experience. In addition to her financial services experience, she’s worked with: Hill+Knowlton Strategies, JWT, Buzz Numbers, Weight Watchers, Ninemsn, Woolworths, Mindshare, Leo Burnett, Cbus Superannuation, AustSafe Superannuation, BUPA, BCNA, NSW Health, Vic Health, Movember, ReachOut, SA Department of Premier and Cabinet, FACS , Department of Social Services, Channel 10, Diageo, Johnnie Walker, Schick, Nestle, Kit Kat, and Nespresso.
Julie is a trusted industry speaker and writer, able to share practical tips and insights on topics such as social media crisis management, social media risk management, social media strategy, content strategy, online community management, online forum community strategy & management, social media governance including escalation plans and response guidelines and social media listening and analytics.
On a more personal note, Julie lives with her partner and their four cats, is a step mum to two girls, geeks out over Star Wars and Pokemon Trading Cards and is passionate about total wellbeing, diversity and inclusion.
* Mumbrella Finance Marketing Summit 2017 & 2018 – Panellist
* Government 3.0 2017 – Facebook groups and social science (online community management)
* International Crisis and Risk Emergency Communications Forum 2017 – Understanding the Value of Social Media is Crisis – Panellist
* CommsCon Movember case study: Movember’s “Suicide Notes Talk Too Late” & social media risk management 2017 – Co-presenter
* Social Media Week Sydney 2015 – Panellist, live-tweeting & blogging
* Community Manager’s Appreciation Day virtual panel 2015 – Round-the-clock Community management Host/MC
* BBCon (Blauckbaud) Seeding and Running a Successful Online Community for Your Supporters 2014 – Speaker
* Marketing Week, Adelaide 2014 – Community Management Panellist