Named one of the Top 100 Women of Influence 2019 by the Australian Financial Review, Melanie Tran is a disruptor, an innovator, an activist, a social entrepreneur. Melanie’s work as a User Experience (UX) Designer and social entrepreneur has been recognised internationally – including being named the winner of the Laureate International Universities Global Here for Good Award 2018. The award recognises a student from the Laureate network who is using education as a platform to help create positive social change.
Melanie’s lived-experience, developed skills and knowledge allow for her work to span the disability, health and technology sectors. With over eight years’ experience, and through her role as a UX Designer at Hireup, Melanie specializes in bringing together the worlds of business, design and social impact.
In 2017, Melanie was selected as one of the Laureate Global Fellows – an international
fellowship for young social entrepreneurs.
Melanie recently commenced postgraduate study, Master of Philosophy, at Torrens University Australia. Leveraging her expertise as a UX Designer, her study would serve as an opportunity to approach some of the challenges within Australian healthcare, through the creative lens.
Following her success, Melanie has become a sought-after public speaker, presenting at TEDxYouth@Sydney, TEDxSydney Pitch Night, Laureate Leadership Summit and World Usability Day at Commonwealth Bank Australia. More recently, she presented a keynote at Google, opening their first ever Asia Pacific UX Design Summit.
Melanie has spoken at many events and is a regular media commentator on the following topics:
– Women’s rights and disability rights
– Inclusion and diversity
– Youth social entrepreneurship
– Technology in the health, design and disability sectors
– Innovation and creativity
– User experience design
– Product development
– Education and social impact
Some of her headlining speaking engagements include:
– TEDxSydney Pitch Night
– Laureate Global Leadership Conference – Madrid, Spain
– Laureate Leadership Summit
– Laureate Global Town Hall – Baltimore, United States
– Internation Youth Foundation Q&A – Baltimore, United States
– World Usability Day at Commonwealth Bank Australia
– Keynote at Creating a Local Marketplace for Health and Wellbeing – Adelaide, Australia
– Opening Keynote at Google Asia Pacific User Experience Design Summit
– Opening Keynote at the Oceania Seating Symposium – Melbourne, Australia
Some of her media enagaments include:
– Interview on SBS radio
– Interview on Triple J radio
– Interview on FBI radio
– Interview on Channel 7 News
– Live interview on ABC News24 Breakfast Show – Sydney, Australia
– Live interview on ABC Breakfast Show – Melbourne, Australia
– Live interview on Studio 10 – Sydney, Australia